Sat, Jul 24|
Vegan Community Plantluck
The July Vegan Comm Plantluck will be held on Saturday, July 24, from 4:30 to 8 pm at the City Park Shelter #7, 200 Park Road, Iowa City. (See the City Park map link below. Signs will provide guidance). RSVP is required on Meetup
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Iowa City, 200 Park Rd, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
About the Event
The July Vegan Comm Plantluck will be held on Saturday, July 24, from 4:30 to 8 pm at the City Park Shelter #7, 200 Park Road, Iowa City. (See the City Park map link below. Signs will provide guidance). The social hour will begin at 4:30 with the plantluck following at 5:30 p.m. The shelter is located in a pleasant, shady area for relaxing or playing games. Ample parking is located nearby.
For the plantluck, please bring:
- A vegan dish that provides 8-10 servings. Bring hot foods in a crockpot or other similar appliance, if possible. Gluten-free options are appreciated. (If you are new to veganism, the term ‘vegan’ means no animal flesh or fat, dairy, eggs, or honey)
- Recipes for the dishes you prepare so that others can duplicate them if they would like to do so.
- Please plan to bring a $5 donation, if possible, to assist with defraying the cost of the shelter rental fee.
A lawn chair or blanket, if desired. We will be observing the following the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines: General:
- Please stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, etc.), are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, if or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- For everyone’s safety, we prefer attendees be vaccinated (except for children). Maintain some distance from people who do not live in your household. Wearing masks is most important when social distancing is difficult. Please refrain from physical contact such as handshakes and hugs with people not from their household.
- Unvaccinated adults and children should wear a mask except when eating and observe social distancing (6’).
- Bring supplies to help you and others stay healthy—for example: masks, hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content, and your own drinking water.
- We will be collecting attendee information to facilitate COVID contact tracing, if needed at a later date.
At the buffet table: A handwashing station will be located at the beginning of the buffet line (a spigot water container, liquid soap, and paper towels); use of a hand sanitizer is also an option. Please be attentive to hand cleanliness before eating and when touching common surfaces. If you would like to come but transportation is a challenge for you, let me know. It is likely one of our participants lives nearby and will be happy to pick you up and take you home. If you make a reservation but find you will be unable to attend, please change your reservation to "Not Going." We respectfully request that all participants assist with cleanup before leaving our events.